A Budget for Peace not War
Government spending on Britain's nuclear weapon system and on overseas war is escalating year on year
- Next year we will be spending £2 billion a year on Trident - almost twice as much as 5 years ago
- And we spend at least another £2 billion a year conducting the disastrous and unwinnable wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Most Scots think the money should be spent instead on tackling poverty and climate change.
- Scotland's share of that money would be £340 million a year - enouth to support at least 10,000 new public service jobs.
How would YOU spend the money ?
- Would you use it to launch a major housebuilding programme to provide affordable housing for homeless and inadequately housed families ?
- Would you use it to increase spending on health and education and create thousands of new public sector jobs ?
- Would you increase spending on health and education and to create a ground breaking rewable energy industry in Scotland ?
Would you use it to increase overseas aid and debt relief to tackle poverty across the wor.d ?
What you can do
- Ask your MP and MSP to vote against Trident replacement and for British withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan